Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Failure as our Teacher

"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, and being nothing."

Denis Waitley



The failure of the internet at this hotel is not my undertaker, just my delay. It's early morning and I'm sitting in Paris trying to do homework, unable to access the site, unable to upload photos on this post. I am able to watch CNN, however, and listen to the atrocities that ISIS is doing to those young women. The rape. The humiliation. Burning alive. Slaves on the boats being murdered. What century do we live in?

I have no right to begrudge the technical challenges I am having right now. I am free and will be flying a heavy jet across the ocean today. I am so grateful for my life. But what can we do for the rest of the world? How can we help those girls?

Despite failure and being pushed back, we must keep pressing forward. Failure is just a detour. We shall succeed in all we do! 

Enjoy the Journey! USA... Here I come! 
XOX Karlene

1 comment:

  1. I believe this is one of the most profound and basic concepts you've ever brought up. And, I totally agree. Failure is a wonderful teacher. While it's fine to be annoyed or even angst ridden confronted with failure, it's still the best at teaching us where to go next.

    Cheers

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!