Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer Reading:

Raven One

Finals complete!! Last week I finished finals on a layover in China. Then standing in the lobby on my way to the airport to return home,  I met a crew getting ready to head to town. Of course I had to tell them about my novels before we parted. Then one of the captains told me about Raven One, and a little about the pilot who wrote it. Thus, I just ordered it and will be reading between classes. I suspect we will get to meet the man behind the book by the end of the week. Stay tuned. 
But for now....




"UNARMED OVER HOSTILE TERRITORY... For a moment Wilson froze and looked at the white-helmeted pilot who sat high on the nose of the colossal fighter. Across the small void, he saw the pilot’s eyes peer over his mask. Dark, chilling eyes… Wilson kicked right rudder to slide closer and jam any chance for a bandit gunshot. When the bandit pulled all the way over, almost on its back but in control, he cursed in frustration at what he knew was coming next. The hostile fighter reversed over the top in a negative-g maneuver, his nose tracking down on Wilson like a falling sledgehammer in slow motion. Horrified, Wilson realized he faced an imminent snapshot. With the little air speed he had, his inverted his Hornet to avoid the attack. His aircraft still rolling, Wilson saw that the monster had another weapon at its disposal..."
 
Find time to read a good book this summer!  
 
Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great book and I will definitely put this one on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading it myself. I heard it's very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Jeremy's note above. I'm always on the lookout for great AV books (between yours) and I'll shop in a few minutes.
    Thanks for the back-channel note and I'm delighted to hear the news!
    -Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karlene,

    Cant wait for the book report. I have read several books this summer and I can say that there needs to be some professional guidance for non-pilot authors out there. Some of the crap that they come up with is amazing and far fetched. I wonder if doctors feel the same way when they read books about medicine.

    rob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!