Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Friday, May 18, 2018

Future Flyer

Inspiring the Next Generation 
of Aviation...



Friday's Fabulous Flyer 
Alexandra Reyes

Last week, I received the following email from Alexandra: 

"We met during a free introductory flight at the Museum of Flight and I was one of many that received your book, which is a really really great book. I am a junior and will start my private pilot training this summer.

I wanna thank you because you’re the reason why I pursue flying and because of you, it gave me a lot of motivation to break barriers and don’t be afraid to try things that scares you. I wanna be like you one day, inspiring a lot of people around the world. 

I’m starting my flight training this summer and I’m very nervous at the same time excited with what’s gonna happen, can you please me give me some tips that can help? Thank you!"


And then I thought... 

Wouldn't it be fun to follow her progress? Then Alexandra can inspire the next generation of aviation! So I asked her if she could share her story and here you go... 


Welcome Alexandra to the Sky! 

"I’m Alexandra Reyes and I’m a junior in auburn Mountainview and I really love flying, I wanna be an airline pilot."



Alexandra: 

"I grew up in the Philippines and at the back of my mind I knew I always wanted to fly but never got a courage to pursue it because I was never the smartest in the class and I didn’t know how to pursue it. When I arrived here in Seattle I looked into every flight and found out that it’s too expensive, then one day, as I was walking to my next class I saw this poster saying “first woman flyer” and it stated that if you haven’t ridden in an airplane, you could go! After reading that I quickly signed up. 


The day came and I was so excited because I have never flown in a small airplane before and I didn’t know what to expect. As I was in line waiting to go to a plane a teacher or adult ask if there were a student that is by herself and I quickly raised my hands and I got to go the plane by myself with a female pilot and as we take off, I felt it, I told myself...

 This is what I wanna do every single day!

I have always wanted to fly and I’m also amazed on how planes fly, but in that moment, it gave me some courage to pursue what I really want. When we landed I was so happy and fulfilled. At that same day I heard my principal saying that there a program [Aeronautical Science Pathway] and I got curious and when I got home, I researched it and found it. I inquired and joined and now up to this date I’m excited to go the program every single day. 


Things happened unexpectedly 
and that’s what we need to focus on.


I joined Aeronautical Science Pathway and know I will get up to 55 college credits and because of this program.  I won a scholarship to get my private pilot license which is really great. I’m planning to start during the summer. It’s so nerve wrecking but at the same time I’m so excited. 




This is the start of my career and Im lucky to have all this support. Every time I feel so down, I always read your book (Flight To Success, Be the Captain of Your Life) and it gives me hope and happiness that I can do all this things. Thank You!" 




Thank You Alexandra!
You are the reason I am pursing my PhD,
to ensure you will have all the career you deserve.

It will be so much fun watching your success! 

Note: That female pilot Alexandra was flying with, our superstar "Fidan" is also a Delta pilot! And I was that adult that sent Alexandra with Fidan. Wouldn't it be fun if one day the three of us flew a trip together? It could happen if Alexandra gets employed in the next 9 years. Or if they move the age to 67, then we'll have a little more time. 


Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene 

2 comments:

  1. Hi karlene,
    Thank you so much for sharing my story. Hopefully we can follow this story and fly together someday!

    Thank you guys for reading my story and thank you for letting me inspire you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, we for sure will fly together!! And... I just found another scholarship coming your way. You go girl!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!